About Foster’s Home for Children
Sherwood and Myrtie Foster chartered the children’s home in 1958 and the first children were taken into care in the winter of 1960. Since that time, Foster’s Home has provided for the needs of over 4,000 Texas children. From one home located on a 55 acre site in the northern edge of Stephenville, the facilities have grown to include twelve residential group care homes; Administration building; Mabee Health, Education, and Services Center; Commissary; Pittman Family Center, a multi-purpose facility; barn and livestock pens.
Foster’s Home for Children is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization located in Stephenville, Texas.
We operate using the Sanctuary Model®. This model is “a blueprint for clinical and organizational change which at its core, promotes safety and recovery from adversity through the active creation of a trauma-informed community.”
The Administration Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00, closing early on Wednesdays at 4:00 in order for our staff to be able to attend Wednesday worship services.
Our telephone number is 254-968-2143; our fax is 254-968-8672.
There are numerous opportunities for volunteer work, Sponsorship of a child, and employment. If interested, please fill out an application and/or contact us through our Contact Us page to ask questions or request more information.
[button type=small link_url=”http://fostershome.org/wpfh/applications/Employment Application 2017.pdf”]COMPREHENSIVE APPLICATION[/button]
(This is a comprehensive application for employment, volunteers, and sponsors.)
- [list type=”bullet”]
- If you are interested in sponsoring or volunteering at Foster’s Home for Children, please contact David Asbill for more information regarding the necessary documents we will need.
- If you are applying for volunteering or sponsoring, there are guidelines on the application that will need to be signed and turned in along with your application, reference letters, and other documents as needed per Texas DFPS.
Current State of the Agency
Since 1960, Foster’s Home for Children has demonstrated the ability to meet the needs of troubled children and families by providing residential group care, foster family care, and adoptions. Foster’s Home services, based on strong Christian values, are presented by our professional staff in an educational approach, teaching appropriate skills for interactive living. Foster’s Home operates on sound financial principles with very limited long-term debt. The day to day operations are supported by faithful individual donors and approximately 300 Churches of Christ throughout Texas.
Foster’s Home is licensed as a Residential Group Operation with the State of Texas, and is also licensed as a Child Placing Agency with the State.Foster’s Home is a member in good standing with the following professional organizations: Network 1:27 (formally known as CCFSA), Texas Coalition of Homes for Children, and is an Accredited Charity by the Better Business Bureau.
[button type=small link_url=”http://fostershome.org/wpfh/Financials/AnnualReport17.pdf”]2016 Annual Report[/button]
[button type=small link_url=”http://fostershome.org/wpfh/Financials/2016Audit.pdf”]2015-2016 Annual Foster’s Home for Children Audit[/button]
[button type=small link_url=”http://fostershome.org/wpfh/Financials/FH990.pdf”]Foster’s Home for Children IRS 990[/button]
Facts about Foster’s Home:
- [list type=”bullet”]
- Foster’s Home for Children is an Accredited Charity by the Better Business Bureau, having met their 20 standards of accreditation by the Better Business Bureau for each of the last 10 years.
- Foster’s Home for Children owes no debt.
- From 2006-2011, over $4 million was invested in campus expansion and renovation. We are currently in a capital campaign which will invest another $4.5 million in further expansion and improvements. This will be completed in 2020.
- The mission of Foster’s Home is to “provide sanctuary and healing to children of trauma.” To accomplish this, we have implemented the Sanctuary Model®, and have been a certified Sanctuary site for 8 years.
- We regularly achieve over 99.9% compliance rating on state licensing standards.
P.O. Box 978
Stephenville, TX 76401