Provide a Home Away from Home
Foster’s Home is currently working toward renewing another part of our ministry in child care through recruiting and training individual foster families. We will serve children from the surrounding communities within a 50 miles radius of Stephenville.
As you know, Foster’s Home has a rich history in our area healing the wounds of troubled children and families. The leadership of Foster’s Home believes adding a foster care ministry will continue to add to and strengthen this rich history.
Steps to Become a Foster/Adoptive Parent
Attend an informational meeting in your area (dates listed below) where you can discuss the scope and requirements of being a foster or adoptive parent. Prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and:
- [list type=”bullet”]
- must be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible, mature adults
- complete and application
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle
- provide relative and non-relative references
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable)
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children
- attend and complete all required training courses
If you have more questions or your church is interested about this, please contact our Foster Care Program Director, Jaclyn Marlatt. You can contact her by email, email@example.com or telephone, 254-968-2143.
Foster Parent Training – Click HERE for more information for our meetings!
[button type=large link_url=”http://fostershome.org/wpfh/FosterCare/FAMILYAPPLICATION.pdf”]Foster Family Application[/button]
If you are needing to reprint a different form or have a question over the forms, please contact Jaclyn Marlatt.